Stats.

Friday 28 June 2013

Prom Hairstyle Ideas

So, my prom is next Friday. I have a dress, shoes, bag, makeup ideas etc. but I'm still slightly undecided about my hair.

I love the idea of a braid of some sort and I absolutely love milkmaid braids, a la Mary-Kate Olsen & Sienna Miller (like in the photos below) but I'm not sure it'll suit me and I know my hair is waaaaay too short.




So, one question on my mind (which I would love for you to comment and leave some answers for!) is would it look ridiculous if I did this, but lower on my head? Then I might have half a chance of my hair staying in and actually reaching all the way round my head in a plait. 

My adorable little sister attempted to do this roughly for me (so excuse the random array of bobby pins and the utter mess that is my unbrushed hair and myself in my pyjamas). Does it look okay? 




So, as I said, it looks a mess, it was done in about five minutes before dinner was ready, but you get the idea. Do I make sense? Would it look ridiculous or cute? 


Please, please comment! I'd love to know any opinions, advice or ideas you have to help (and I would definitely love you forever).  

PS: I know these are pathetically ugly attempts of mine/ Caoimhe's in comparison to the previous photos, so bare with me.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the braid low on your head, but perhaps you could have it down & curled with a chunky plait coming from one side of your head & just reaching to the middle of the back of your head? like half a plait:) just an idea for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really hoping that whatever sort of idea my sister's trying to go with will work first, but if that fails... this will be the perfect way to keep my hair down. xoxo

      Delete
  2. This is lovely!! I also do the milkmaid braid A LOT ( I love it too much to try any other hairstyles really...). You could always do two plaits then just have them tuck under each other in the middle of your head? Also, it is good to twist the plaits where they start at the 'bottom' of your head to make them go up more neatly if you see what I mean (probably not!!). I had two plaits leading to a plaited low bun at the back of my head, which my friend then wrapped around the bun and secured with grips for my prom, I could post an instagram picture perhaps? I am sure you'll look lovely whatever you go with!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might have to explain what you mean by that... My problem is that my hair isn't long enough to go up very high. I'm not sure I get the whole 'twisting the plait' thing, but if you can explain that, I'm sure it'll be helpful! YESSSSSS, put an instagram photo up for me! Thank you for the help xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. i think this looks really pretty! I'm not sure if this would be possible but if you know how to french plait you could start the plaits higher on your head so that it was more like a milkbraid if that makes any sense! but i think it looks lovely :-) And the person who commented above me about tucking the plaits under at the top to make a milkbraid, that really works and you can't notice if you do it very neatly:-)! You could try practising that but either way I'm sure it will look lovely!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I do know how to french plait. I haven't actually done my hair like that in a while, but I could give it a go, thank you! I don't think my hair is actually long enough to have it too far above my head unfortunately... but when I have more time (meaning, not a timer counting down until the broccoli is ready to go with our dinner) then I'll try again and make this a bit neater & see if it all works! xoxo

      Delete