Stats.

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Lee Dungarees

Today, I was woken up by the doorbell & I knew as soon as I got onto the upstairs landing that it was the postman with my Rokit delivery - so I rushed downstairs, hair a mess, pyjamas scrumpled and probably gave the man a shock but they're HERE.

These dungarees are the cutest things ever. 26'' round the waist & 32'' long on the length so I can roll them up (which I've got into the habit of doing with trousers lately).


You'll have to excuse the fact that my hair's just shoved up after the shower & that I'm wearing my piggy socks from Primark but here you go, the beautiful dungarees! I'm going to wear these when I go to Bath with Rhiannon (Pandora's Pinafores) tomorrow so you can probably expect a photo of me styling these a bit better & looking more presentable in general.

What isn't there to love about these? They're made out of the softest cotton ever and they're so comfy, I feel like a 5 year old, or possibly even younger (like a baby in a babygro) and I've been dancing round the house in them to the Little Shop of Horrors soundtrack basically all day apart from a few hours for breakfast, lunch, dinner & walking the dogs down the cycle path.

As I said earlier, they're from Rokit, based in London. They sell vintage clothes, forgive my use of the word 'vintage' as I personally think it sounds a bit pretentious, but this means that they're charming pieces that you, mostly, can't find anywhere else unless (ironically) you choose to buy end of line dungarees like these ones, or Levi shorts like I did when I first ordered from this website:


Did I forget to mention that every single item is renewed by hand? Yes, time and care has gone into making each piece of clothing from Rokit so cute and unique. Personally, I think that's lovely. 

I swear to God, when I ordered these, I felt really happy that I'd finally found an item of clothing that I'd been searching for years to find. Little ol' me, wishing someday that I'd get to wear clothes like some of the (let's face it) cooler, more fashionable people than me. So I've basically just admitted that I'm a bit of a copycat, but who isn't in some small way? 

I think the best part about these deliveries is you get the logo on the packet, which I think is adorable & they give you little badges to go along with it. I probably won't keep the sticker that came with it (I have a bit of a thing about stickers/labels/plasters etc.) but the badge is so adorable & it's pastel green which is one of my favourite colours. 


So, to round this all up. Rokit are lovely, their clothes are such good quality and fit like a glove, delivery is within 5 working days (although both these deliveries came within 3). Go and buy yourself something from there, you really won't regret it!

Just a warning though, there isn't any universal sort of size guide for these clothes (although they attempt to make one on the website) and you do have to pay for delivery, so my suggestion is to check the measurements of the item on the website and measure yourself, then measure a similar size piece of clothing at home which you know fits you. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you have Bloglovin? :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I'm afraid I don't at the moment, purely because, being the technologically challenged person I am, I don't actually know what that is my love! You'll have to show me then I'll get it for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete