Stats.

Monday 24 June 2013

About Me

I thought, considering I don't know many of you in person (although I'd love to, so please get in contact!), you'd maybe want to know a few things about me. I don't know, on the grand scale of things, how interesting these facts will be to you exactly, but here goes...


  1. My full name is Roisin Kathlyn Kelly
  2. I’m 18
  3. My birthday is June 13th, shared with the Olsen twins, Aaron Johnson, Chris Evans & Kat Dennings
  4. I’m only 1/4 English, my parents are Scottish & Irish
  5. I have a sister called Caoimhe
  6. I have an unhealthy love (not quite obsession) for Matthew Gray Gubler. I just think he’s the most perfect human bean inside & out.
  7. If you think it’s odd that I just said ‘human bean’ then you clearly haven’t read The BFG.
  8. Favourite songs: Wherever You Will Go - The Calling (heard this for the first time when I was seven and I fell in love with the music video), Steady As She Goes - The Raconteurs (especially the line ‘when you have completed what you thought you had to do and your blood’s depleted to the point of stable glue, then you’ll get along’); All My Life - Nizlopi. 
  9. Favourite books: The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson, One Day & Starter For Ten by David Nicholls, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (I even have a TGG mug) and The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. 
  10. Favourite films: Blue Lagoon, Peter Pan (2003), The Breakfast Club, (500) Days of Summer, Disney’s Hercules, Anastasia and Richie Rich - I watch it religiously every Christmas (excuse the pun, it was accidental). 
  11. I’ve known the names of my future children since the age of 10. They’ll be called Ramona Avery and Spencer Perrin. Note, I haven’t chosen the name Spencer just because it’s the name of MGG’s character in Criminal Minds (although I do love Dr. Reid), I chose the name when I saw a bear in a toyshop in Edinburgh who was called Spencer but my Aunty K wouldn’t let me buy it. 
  12. I think Justin Nozuka has written some of the most beautiful songs on the planet & I would happily meet him to ask him about them if I could. 
  13. I love all pastel-coloured things, but my favourite colours have to be mint green & fuchsia/ watermelon pink. 
  14. I used to live in Oxford & sometimes I wish I could go back. 
  15. I’m hopefully going to Plymouth to study Psychology. 
  16. I watch an unhealthy amount of crime programmes & used to tell people how they could murder someone with seven tubes of toothpaste. 
  17. My friend Sophie calls me ‘pulchy’ - short for pulchritudinous. Which I am not, but it’s very flattering all the same. 
  18. I really want to go to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas when I’m older. I’ve wanted to ever since I first watched Holiday In The Sun when I was little. 
  19. I have a habit of talking too much/too fast/ in mixed languages during sentences/ with inherent sarcasm etc. etc. 
  20. I always set my alarm for three minutes before any time I actually need to be up for. I don’t exactly have OCD (I haven’t been diagnosed or anything) but I have tendencies which I’m slowly trying to work my way around. 
  21. I have major girl crushes on Hayley Williams, Zooey Deschanel & Alexa Chung. 
  22. I’m not the best at recognising my own mistakes, but I am quick to overthink them, so that’s why I got this blog (and later Tumblr) to type out all my frustrations & realise that I don’t actually have it as bad as I think I do. 
  23. I highlight/underline/box my favourite quotes in books. 
  24. I can play the piano, quite well in my opinion. I started at the age of 8. 
  25. My favourite musical is Little Shop of Horrors, I’ve both been in a production & watched three productions of it at the Edinburgh Fringe (which I go to every year when I visit my family in Scotland). These facts are also written on my 'about me' Tumblr page, so check it out if you want (roisinkkelly.tumblr.com) If there's any other facts you want me to add to this list, then comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment