Stats.

Thursday 27 June 2013

A Glorious Day In Bath

It's a pity that it's absolutely chucking it down with rain outside right now 'cause the weather today has been so sunny, hardly any wind and just purely tropical (well, for UK standards)!

I went to Bath for what seems the first time in ages without family - although I did appreciate my grandparents taking me there a couple of weeks ago. It's always funny shopping with them 'cause my granny finds things at crazily reduced prices and my granddad stuffs me with ice cream & talks about the architecture of nearly every single shop we go into. Seemingly, when I went shopping with them, I got loads more than I did today! Haha, they did pay for everything though, 'granddaughter's treat' they called it.

Today I went to Bath with Rhiannon (Pandora's Pinafores), so I had to face reality a little bit, I wasn't driven there and yes, I did have to use my own money!

First of all, we were committed and got up early to make it into Bath before 10. The bus I was okay with but anyone who knows me has a rather large idea of how deathly scared of trains I am. Considering that I'm going to Plymouth uni in September (hopefully) and there's a train station behind campus, I told myself that in the summer holidays I was going to get over that fear and for the most part, that's true. My stomach was throwing butterflies around the place & I swear my leg was twitching but I'm alive! Slightly odd as it is, I'm quite proud of myself & here's the train ticket to prove it (WARNING: may be a boring photo!):


See? I went all the way to Bath and back... Okay, so maybe that's only one station along from Chippenham on one train, but it's something, baby steps. 

I took Rhiannon for her very first Shakeaway, and QUEL HORREUR, she was planning on having a healthy one - no such thing! So I convinced her to have an apple pie milkshake which smelt amaaaazing. 


N'awww, the little cutiepie - no pun intended! (Ohhhhh, how hilarious I find myself!)

We went round quite a few charity shops & I took Rhi into Vintage to Vogue just because they have absolutely everything there - imagine the costumes from Titanic & that's exactly what you would find. In The Yellow Shop, she bought the most adorable playsuit ever, it was so so summery... I told her half the things she showed me were so bright that they reminded me of our friend Peter's kitchen. He's from the Caribbean and is kinda homesick, so he extended his kitchen with a glass conservatory & painted the walls the most orangey orange you could ever imagine. 

Finally, I can show you what I bought:


Only a few things. 'White orchid' Rimmel salon pro nail varnish for a couple of pounds to go with my prom dress next Friday, Topshop socks because I've been dying to buy some for absolutely ages & a Cath Kidston purse for £4 in the sale which I can use as a more attractive make up bag than the simple green pouch that I've had since dinosaurs roamed the earth!

One last photo, I took this to show my sister the Dr Martens that Rhiannon was wearing 'cause they're from the same pastel range that Caoimhe wants a pair from. So, excuse the extremely large width of my trouser leg (looks a bit clown-like) but here are the two most beautiful pairs of feet that you'll ever have the chance to see in your life (I joke... or do I?). 


Can you tell that we were bored waiting for the train home? The ground was so much more interesting. 

So that was my Thursday. How was yours? Also, comment below and give me ideas for my next posts! 


No comments:

Post a Comment