Stats.

Tuesday 6 August 2013

The McKellar-Kellys

So, I woke up ridiculously early this morning and have been tossing and turning since then so I finally thought that enough is enough and I'd do something. The only problem is I'm still in major zombie-mode so I can't really get my brain in gear to do anything that requires actually getting out of bed and walking downstairs.

HOWEVER...

When I was up in Scotland, my Granny had a sort of an epiphany moment in the midst of all her illness and got out all the old photo albums and started telling us old stories which we never thought in a million years she'd be able to remember or even be in the mood/ right frame of mind to tell us. In fact, she did beautifully well on her leave from the hospital, so now that she's out for good (well, she's being taken home in about an hour) she should do absolutely fine!

Anyway, I thought my modest little number of followers would enjoy a bit of a hot-tub time machine moment all the way back to the 60's.

So this photo was taken in 1969. You can see my Granny who was 43 at the time, my darling little mother in yellow (aged 3) and Aunty Kathlyn who is 10. I have no clue when this was taken but they all look so cute. 

I unfortunately have absolutely no idea what date this was taken but you can see my Granny, mumma & Aunty K all outside the front of their house at Girvan. Personally, I think they look beautiful & all prim and proper. 

These two are my parents when they were up visiting my Granny, Uncle Petey flew down from Germany as well, but unfortunately the photo of him isn't as clear, so I might not show it. 

This is one of my favourite photos of my parents, not just because my mum knitted them matching Arran jumpers or because my mumma's glasses are the best thing on the planet but because they look so goofy and happy (as well as those other two things). 

1993-94. This was our first house in Kidlington. I have to go up to Oxford every year to go to the John Radcliffe, so we always park on our old road and walk outside the house to see it. We've never quite built up the courage to knock on the door and say 'excuse me, we used to live here and we were wondering if we could just see the house one more time.' 

13-06-1995. This is a photo of baby me taken on the 15th, two days after I was born. I can't remember exactly what time I was born, but I weighed 3 pounds 3 1/4. I don't look as tiny as I was here, there's a photo of me with my arms and legs stretched out and someone's arm against me, I'm smaller than them length-wise. 


I think I'm no older than one in this photos, but I'm pretty impressed with my outfit here. I'd wear that now. 

My third birthday party. Here you can see Jacob, Sophie & her mum, my mum & I, Beth and unknown baby number 1 who i think is called Alex. I don't really know the girls any more but growing up Jacob has been one of my favourite people. 

The actual photo of me at the hospital was a bit blurry so it wasn't really much good, but here is Caoimhe, born 09-06-1998. 

On the swings at Girvan park, 1998. 

I was a flowergirl for my dad's best friend's wedding, 1999. I have a similar photo to this on my windowsill in an Ariel photoframe which I think is one of the sweetest frames ever. 

Baby Caoimhe playing the piano at Granny's house, 1999. 

One last final photo for you, my sister and I in our current living room (although by this time, it's actually decorated). I'm guessing this was taken in 2002-03. 

I'm so sorry that there isn't any photos beyond 2002, it seems my family got more lazy with developing photos after that point. If I had a recent photo of both me and my sister then I'd show you but they're all just ones of us taking selfies on each other's phones, which doesn't really help!

If you want to see more photos of my faaaaaabulous life, then check out my Instagram. If you want to hear more ramblings about random things I do during the day, have a gander at my Twitter (I apologise now if you're annoyed by my over-use of exclamation marks). 

2 comments:

  1. Aw I love seeing old photos, this might sound weird but you were such a cute baby :'-)! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, you've made my day... you absolute sweetheart! I was a bit of an alien baby to start off with, but I'm looking more normal now ;) xoxo

      Delete