Stats.

Saturday 17 August 2013

'It's real for us,'

I am so, so sorry that I haven't posted about the Harry Potter Studio Tour until now! I know it was last weekend but I wanted to wait to the end of this week so I could amalgamate it all together. 

I think it may be best if I firstly mention what happened later this week (two days ago to be exact) so then we can all rejoice and fill our heads purely with Potter from this point on... I got in to Plymouth University! I checked my emails before I went up to school just so I knew where I stood... I had no idea what results I possibly could have got which was why I was so shocked when I found out that I had got A*BB (which contained five individual A's, I'll have you know). This is a huge achievement for me because it's the first ever A* to be found in my results envelope. Not only that but my geography teacher wants to send back one of my papers for remarking so I can push that total grade up to an A. I also went up by 33 marks in my psychology retake and Mr Fellenor said that if we didn't have a slightly odd paper for one of the units, I could have got an overall A for psychology as well. SO CHUFFED. Everyone was expecting me to get C's, B's at a push. So that's just fab! Now you know why I chose to name this post 'It's real for us,' - one of the best quotes, just resonating, for me, the fact that all my hard work is reality (as cheesy as that sounds)! 

Besides Thursday, the highlight of my week definitely was going to the studio tour! Auntie Puddy (Sara) had bought Caoimhe & I tickets for our birthdays and it was worth it. It wasn't, for the most part, like they were showing you things that you didn't already know from the films... but instead you got to see how everything worked and just experiencing it up close made it even more REAL. We went during 'Summer Spells' which meant that we got to see extra bits of set, we were demonstrated how the wands worked, we got to have wand lessons and we got to try out bits of the set! I also, like every other person who will go there, drank plenty of butter beer (which tastes amazingly like cream soda, my favourite) and rode a broomstick! If you do go though, check out the gift shop for as long as possible. There's so many things in there! 

Unfortunately I don't have all of the photos because most of them were taken on my uncle's camera, so there's no family photos in front of props or stood outside Privet Drive but if he eventually emails them across then I'll post them on my instagram. You'll have to forgive the fact that some of these photos are quite dark, iPhones may be incredible but their automatic sensors/ flashes aren't that effective. 



















So those photos are primarily of costumes, wigs & props. I took a photo of my favourite horcrux, not all of them... and personally my favourite costumes are Hermione's ball gown, Fleur's school uniform & Narcissa Malfoy's outfit. I just love her hair. 

We turned the corner and they had paper versions of the sets with loads of detail, even down to the taps and the stained glass window in the prefect's bathroom! 





These aren't all the paper sets 'cause I don't want to spoil any of your visits or drown you in photos! I'm also not going to show you their amazing model of Hogwarts because it'll spoil the reaction you have when you see it. It's so incredible, you actually hear the people gasp when they turn the corner! 

I'll leave you with one final little thing I found out - all the wand boxes in Olivander's were painted by hand and every single cast and crew member has their own box. We found quite a few of the cast... but it's difficult to spot when you're in a room with so many names!


So one final thing, all I can say is go. It's wonderful and you'll never get an opportunity quite like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment