Stats.

Saturday 21 September 2013

University of Plymouth 2013

So a week has passed since I moved to Plymouth! I have to apologise now that I haven't yet written a post about it all because I've been either waaaaay too busy, or seriously tired. It's so funny how messed up my sleeping pattern is!

It's weird to think that by this time yesterday I had just gotten to Mary Newman Halls & got up to my flat. I'd seen Emma in the kitchen unpacking her shopping, been left alone to sort through my things and then go for a food shop myself. That was odd for me, I actually had to do a full shop myself and sign up for a nectar card AND use a card for my new student account. I would say that it was a little overwhelming, which is partly true, but I honestly think that I've settled in better than I thought I would.

Now that I've got everything up and running, like the internet (shout out to Min, our HC, for giving me an ethernet cable!) and my university email, I'm feeling like things are running a bit more smoothly. Mind you, I may not be saying that when I try to copy out my timetable later... there's a lot of different groups that I'll need to write down. So basically, I need to stop being lazy and buy myself a calendar!

In case any of you were wondering, my room's pretty awesome. It has a killer view out across Plymouth and it may be the smallest room in the flat, but I have two wardrobes (which I wouldn't dream of having at home) and it's bigger than my room at home too! Coincidentally, it's turned out looking properly girly - floral everything.


This week has been seriously helpful. We've had a lot of half an hour lectures explaining how to use the student portal, how to get eBooks (which is a system meaning that I don't have to buy all my textbooks, they can stay on my laptop & phone) and tours round the campus. We've had two welcome parties for my faculty, one at the aquarium on the Barbican and one in the graduation marquee on the Hoe. As of yet, I don't really know many people on my course, but I do at least know the 12 other people from my school who have come here and I know one boy from my tutor. Oh, that's another thing to mention... I met my tutor. He's a neuropsychologist and so far I think he's pretty damn cool.

We've also already had a birthday on our floor - so HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE! We all decorated his flat and hid in the kitchen waiting for him... I think it was a good surprise actually, he seemed shocked that so much effort was put in for a person we'd known less than a week!

I realise I haven't actually shown you what any of my flatmates or floor look like...

These lovely people are my flat. From the left you've got me, Chloe, Riks, Emma & Sam. (Please, please, please though, ignore the fact that there's a balloon penis in the corner... Chelsie got creative when they were decorating for George's birthday).

Then you've got this lot...

From the left again: Sam, Emma, Enya, Riks, George, Chloe, Amy, Elvin, Monica & Jess (our twins!), Henry, Chelsie and I. Harry was taking the photo, if I remember right... so sorry he's not in the photo! 

We're all good at the moment, just having a lazy Saturday. Hopefully getting some washing done at some point (uni life is so exciting!) and then Wheatus are playing in the main hall tonight!

I'll try to write more when I've actually started my course and there's yet more interesting things to write about, so be patient with me.

4 comments:

  1. Ah it sounds amazing and i love your room! This made me so excited for uni hehe!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I tried replying to your comment on my phone but it didn't work :( thank you, you're so cute! xoxo

      Delete